Your cat’s diet deserves special attention. As a carnivore, this small animal must eat mainly meat. However, fruits and vegetables can be good supplements to your regular diet. Indeed, these foods are generally very rich in vitamins and fiber. It is important, however, to choose the right fruits and vegetables to feed your cat.
Is fruit good for cats?
The answer is definitely yes. Fruits provide your cat with a healthy dose of vitamins and fiber. Indeed, by regularly giving fruit to your pet, you can improve his health and help him fight a number of diseases.
You can give it fruit to supplement its daily diet. In general, they contain:
- Minerals and vitamins,
- Antioxidants help reduce the risk of inflammation.
In addition, the fruit helps prevent an abnormal rise in blood sugar levels. By regularly feeding your pet with fruit, you prevent him from being overweight. Finally, the fruits also help to strengthen the immune system of the cat.
However, it is best to be familiar with the fruits you can feed your pet.
What vegetables can cats eat?
Whatever vegetables your pet eats, there are a number of prerequisites to follow. In fact, the vegetables must first be well peeled and well cooked. Also, for vegetables containing seeds, be sure to remove the seeds.
Here are some vegetables you can use to supplement your diet:
- Carrot: it is a vegetable containing a high content of fiber as well as vitamins. In addition, the carrot improves the dental hygiene of the cat.
- Green beans: beyond their moisturizing properties, your cat can benefit from the sufficient fiber and vitamin intake of green beans.
- Lettuce: it is very rich in fiber and promotes good hydration of the animal.
- Peas: Vitamin B12, magnesium, and vegetable proteins contained in the vegetable are beneficial for the health of your cat.
- The pumpkin: this vegetable must be associated with meat.
- The cucumber,
- Sweet potato,
- the watermelon
- The tomato.
For a more balanced diet for your cat, consider supplementing 15% of it with vegetables. It is also preferable to introduce them little by little in his diet in order to avoid her troubles.
However, even if the vegetables mentioned above are beneficial for cats in general, there are other vegetables that you should absolutely ban from your diet. These include, among others, onion, garlic, beets, spinach, lentils, and beans.
What fruits can cats eat?
To give your cat fruit, you must first peel it well. So, it is better not to give it a whole fruit to avoid possible suffocation. Also, is it better to limit the daily amount?
Among the fruits that cats can eat, you have:
- Watermelon: it is good for its moisturizing properties. In addition, that for the process of purging a cat, the bark of the watermelon is beneficial.
- Strawberry: a fruit with a high content of vitamin C and fiber. We usually find more vitamin C in very colorful fruits like red fruits.
- Melon: it has the same virtues as watermelon.
- The apple: you can use it as rewards to your cat for his obedience.
- The pear.
On the other hand, it is advisable to ban certain fruits such as bananas which are too rich for a cat. Also, you should avoid fruit juices because of the high dose of sugar. In addition, citrus fruits such as orange, grapefruit, or even mandarin are less recommended. It must be said that they do not involve real dangers for the cat, but they can be too acidic for the taste buds of the feline. So, it is better not to do so so as not to create problems for him.
In summary, fruits and vegetables are good supplements for cats. Indeed, because of their high content of vitamins C and fiber, they are beneficial to the immune system of felines. If in doubt about any fruit or vegetable, do not hesitate to seek the advice of your veterinarian.
People Also Search For
what vegetables can cats eat
what fruits can cats eat
homemade food for cats
can cats eat vegetables and fruit
fruits and vegetables dogs can eat list
cats favourite food
foods cats cant eat
fruits not to feed dogs
People also ask
What fruits can cats eat?
Can cats eat fruit and veggies?
What human foods can I give my cat?
What homemade food can I give my cat?
Can I feed my cat boiled chicken everyday?
Is canned tuna good for cats?
What liquids can cats drink?
What vegetables are bad for cats?
Can cats eat scrambled eggs?
Will lemon juice hurt my cat?
What is the healthiest cat food?
Can cats eat peanut butter?