When we adopt a domestic cat, many doubts about its health can assail us . And we see it so small that we are concerned that it may have a problem, right?
Let’s know what are the serious diseases in cats.
The domestic cat can boast of being in excellent health. However, you may have some other disease that can seriously harm you, which are:
- Feline panleukopenia: also known as feline distemper, it is a disease caused by a parvovirus. It is very contagious between cats, since it is only necessary for a healthy feline to come into contact with the body fluids of a sick one. The most common symptoms are fever, vomiting, diarrhea, depression, anorexia, and dehydration, among others. It is treated with antibiotics, and it can be prevented by giving it the corresponding vaccine as a puppy.
- Feline leukemia: itis a viral disease produced by an oncovirus, that is, a type of cancer. It is also contagious between cats, if they come into contact with the bodily fluids of a sick one. It can be passed from mother to child. The symptoms are enlargement of the lymph nodes, weight loss, anemia, depression, among others. It can be prevented by vaccinating the feline.
- Infectious peritonitis: it is a disease caused by a coronavirus. It is also contagious between cats, so that the virus can enter the body of a healthy cat when it sniffs the feces of a sick one. Symptoms are fever, listlessness, and a swollen abdomen from fluid accumulation. Treatment is symptomatic, since there is no cure. Fortunately, it can be prevented with vaccines.
- Feline immunodeficiency: it is a disease caused by a lentivirus, which infects a healthy cat when a sick one bites it. The symptoms are very varied, the most common being the following: apathy, loss of appetite and weight, vomiting. There is no cure.
- Rabies: although it is a viral disease that is highly controlled thanks to vaccination, it should not be trusted. It is very contagious, being able to pass from cats to humans if a sick feline bites it. Symptoms are sudden changes in behavior (becomes increasingly aggressive for no apparent reason), excessive salivation, muscle spasms, seizures.
Thus, every time we suspect that our friend is not well, we must go to the vet so that he can continue to be as happy as the cat you see in the image 🙂.
People Also Search For
diseases caused by cats hair
sudden illness in cats
diseases humans can get from cats
dying cat symptoms
rare cat diseases
contagious cat diseases
feline viruses list
cat virus symptoms
People also ask
What illnesses can cats get?
What is a common serious health problem in cats?
What is the most common cause of death in cats?
Can cats die from sickness?
Why would a cat suddenly die?
What are the symptoms of a cat dying of kidney failure?
Can cats detect illness in humans?
What is the most common behavior problem in cats?
Can an indoor cat get sick?
What are the first signs of feline leukemia?
What are symptoms of a sick cat?
What disease is caused by cat feces?
What are the symptoms of a cat dying?
How do you comfort a sick cat?
Why are my cats teeth black?