Cats are carnivorous animals. They have been since they began to evolve, and they will probably always be, since they are predators and, of course, hunting and then not eating would waste unnecessary energy. But although nowadays we usually give them more often I think (croquettes), even if it is very good quality, it can never have the same as home-made food.
No, it is not about having rodents in the refrigerator and gradually giving them to them, but about knowing how to prepare meat for cats . Any type of meat, be it chicken, pork or other.
What meat to give to cats?
This question has an easy answer: the one that is suitable for human consumption . This means that you have to go to the supermarket or the neighborhood butcher and order, for example, 1kg of chicken meat. Yes, buying it in these places will not be cheap, but you have to think that they have passed strict quality controls. And, of course, it will always be better to spend the money on food and not on vets, don’t you think? 🙂
How to prepare a homemade recipe?
If you are looking for a homemade recipe for cats with meat, we recommend the following :
- 1 liter of meat broth (without salt, leek, garlic or onion)
- 500 grams of beef, pork, or beef
- 100 grams of beef
Step by Step
- The first thing we have to do is cut -all- the meat into small pieces.
- Then we put them in a pot with water to cook them for 45 minutes.
- After that time, we will pierce the meat to check if it is soft and if it falls apart easily.
- Next, we turn off the fire and let it rest until it cools down.
- Finally, you just have to serve 🙂.
How to keep it?
A very simple way to preserve it is by keeping it in a closed container in the fridge . This way it will last up to 3 days without getting sick. Another option is to put it in freezer balls in the freezer, where it will keep for 2 months.