How to know if my cat was poisoned

Cats are very clever and very curious animals, but that curiosity sometimes plays tricks on them. Whether you go outside or stay indoors you will find dangers that can endanger your life, so it is very important that all necessary measures are taken so that our friend does not end up at the vet.

Still, accidents, while easily avoidable, can happen. With this in mind, let’s see how to know if my cat was poisoned .

How to detect that your cat has been poisoned

A cat that has ingested something toxic will immediately see that its behavior changes radically. It will be difficult for you to breathe, you may even have difficulty walking, and you may begin to drool a lot , a sign that you may be trying to expel fluid through your mouth.

Other signs that will tell us that it has been poisoned are:

  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Makes noises when breathing
  • Your heart begins to beat faster than normal
  • Convulsions
  • Loss of consciousness

As soon as you detect any of these symptoms, you should go immediately to your nearest veterinary clinic , since it may depend on whether your cat can recover.

My experience

I would not like to finish the article without first telling my experience. In this way, perhaps I will – or I hope so – keep you calm as much as possible, at the same time that you see how important it is to act quickly .

Good. A matter of two years ago, I put a pipette on one of the cats in the colony that I am taking care of for fleas and ticks. After a few hours, I found her very changed: she could barely walk, and she had great difficulty breathing. I immediately took her to the vet, who told me that “maybe” she had had an allergic reaction to the insecticide .

The point is that after doing several tests, and injecting a series of medications – I must confess that I do not know what kind, because they left me in the living room. When I could see her she was somewhat better. However, they told me that it was a complicated situation, that they did not know if it would be saved or not.

He spent a week very down, in which he hardly ate. In fact, he lost a lot of weight. Little by little, with patience, a lot of love and a few more visits to the clinic, she managed to recover from a pulmonary edema caused by the pipette.

So, I insist, at the slightest suspicion that your cat has ingested something toxic, go to the vet . Only then can it be saved.

 

 

People Also Search For

how to tell if a dead cat was poisoned
how long does it take for poison to kill a cat
symptoms of rat poisoning in cats
how do you treat a cat that has been poisoned
how do i know if my cat ate something bad
how to tell if your cat has been poisoned by antifreeze
symptoms of cat poisoning from plants
cat food poisoning treatment

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *