Otitis is a disease that affects both four-legged animals and humans. It can cause very annoying symptoms , such as pain or itching, so it is important to know how to identify it in order to solve the problem as soon as possible.
To help you, we are going to tell you how to know if my cat has otitis , explaining the causes and symptoms.
What is otitis
Otitis is the inflammation of the epithelium (tissue that lines the surface of the body) that lines the walls of the ear canal. It can be caused by several factors, such as foreign bodies, mites, bacteria, allergies, fungi or excess humidity. Let’s see each one separately:
- Mites: they are the main cause of otitis. The mite responsible for many cats having this disease is Otodectes cynotis. The treatment will consist of pipettes and / or drops that you must administer directly into the ear.
- Foreign bodies: if your cat goes outside, he runs the risk of a foreign body getting into his ear, causing otitis. You will be cured when the object has been removed by a professional.
- Bacteria and fungi: When the animal is weak, some bacteria or fungi are likely to cause this problem.
- Allergies: is your cat allergic to something? If so, it is important that you take the medications that the vet has given you, since otherwise you could end up having otitis.
- Excess moisture: can occur when, during bathing, water gets into your ears.
The most common symptoms of otitis in cats are, mainly, these: excess earwax , scratching and shaking of the head . If you see that they occur only in one ear, it is most likely that it has a foreign body that must be removed. In any case, if you discover that he is unwell, take him to the vet.
People Also Search For
cat ear infection home remedy
cat ear infection pictures
otitis externa cat
cat ear infection that wont go away
cat otitis treatment
cat ear infection medicine
cat outer ear infection
cat ear discharge
People also ask
How do I know if my cat has an ear infection?
How do indoor cats get ear infections?
What should a cat’s inner ear look like?
How do you get rid of an ear infection in a cat?
How can I treat my cat’s ear infection at home?
What does a yeast infection in cats ears look like?
How do you get the black stuff out of a cat’s ear?
How do you tell if your cat has ear mites or just dirty ears?
What is the black stuff in my cat’s ears?
Can I put peroxide in my cats ear?
How long does a cat ear infection last?
Can humans get ear mites from cats?
What happens if a cat gets water in its ears?
What does it mean when a cat keeps shaking its head?
Do ear infections in cats go away?