Intestinal obstructions can be due to multiple causes: the cat may have ingested too much hair, thus forming the dreaded hairballs , that it has swallowed a foreign object or, in the worst case, that a tumor has grown .
Therefore, I am going to tell you how to know if my cat has an intestinal obstruction so that in this way it is easier for you to identify the problem and your furry can recover as soon as possible.
The most frequent symptoms are:
- Loss of appetite:a cat that has a bowel obstruction will most likely lose her appetite. If you see that he is eating less, or that he has stopped eating, and if you also do not get his appetite with anything (not even with wet food), then it is possible that it is a symptom that something is obstructing his intestine.
- Abdominal pain:Does your cat frequently lie on his chest pressed against the ground leaving his hind legs in the air? If the answer is yes, you may be experiencing pain in your abdomen.
- Vomiting:If the animal vomits feces or blood, it can be an indicator that there is something wrong with its intestines.
- Constipation:healthy cats have a bowel movement once or twice a day, but when they have a bowel obstruction, they stop.
- Lethargy or loss of interest in the game:when feeling unwell, the cat’s interest in the game will decrease. You will spend more time resting, perhaps in a corner away from where the family usually lives.
If you detect any of these symptoms (or several of them) in your cat, it is important that you take him to the vet for examination, since his life could be in danger. Don’t let it pass.
An early diagnosis will help your furry to recover completely. Courage .
People Also Search For
how to tell if your cat has a urinary blockage
cat intestinal blockage home remedy
cat blockage home remedies
how long does it take for a cat to pass an object
cat intestinal blockage hairball
cat bowel obstruction surgery cost
symptoms of twisted stomach in cats
cat intestinal blockage surgery recovery
People also ask
How do I know if my cat has an intestinal blockage?
How can I help my cat with a blockage?
How long does it take for a cat to pass a foreign object?
How do you know if you have an intestinal blockage?
How do you clear a bowel obstruction in a cat?
Can a cat pass an obstruction?
How do you unblock a cat?
How much is surgery for cat intestinal blockage?
Can hairballs cause intestinal blockage?
How can I stimulate my cat to have a bowel movement?
Why is my cat’s stomach bloated and hard?
How long does it take for food to go through a cat’s digestive system?
What home remedy can I give my cat for constipation?