If you have ever had to take your cat to a veterinary consultation, you will know of the difficulties to take it and you will appreciate that there are veterinary clinics with the distinctive “ cat-friendly clinics ”.
Cats rarely leave our homes, so they feel insecure when they leave it. Nor is the trip in the car usually a positive experience for them (noise, smells, movement).
When they arrive at the veterinary clinic they meet people they do not know, with unfamiliar sounds and smells, and they can also have their “friends” the dogs as companions in the waiting room.
Cat Friendly Clinic is an international accreditation program, led by the International Society for Feline Medicine (ISFM) to create a cat-friendly space in veterinary clinics and facilitate their management.
Cat-friendly veterinary clinics in Castilla León
In Castilla y León only the Castilla Veterinary Center , located in Valladolid , has the gold badge .
- Castilla Veterinary Center, in Valladolid.
- Vetersalud Day Hospital located in Segovia.
- Nova Albeiteria Veterinary Clinicin León.
- Centro León Veterinary Clinic.
- Huellas Veterinary Clinic in Salamanca.
- Veterinary Center “La Salle”, in Salamanca.
I nstagram: @ arkmobileapp
What is a cat friendly clinic?
An accredited cat friendly clinic has achieved high training in cat care where staff:
- Understand the needs of cats and make veterinary clinic visits more cat-friendly.
- Knows how to approach and handle cats with care.
- You have the proper training and equipment necessary to manage cat care.
Achieving Cat Friendly Clinic accreditation involves all staff, from receptionists, nurses, and technicians to veterinarians.
What does it mean for my cat and me?
Cat Friendly Practices designated veterinary clinics have shown that:
- They want to help reduce the stress of each veterinary visit and caring for hospitalized cats.
- The clinic and staff are aware of the specific needs of cats.
- They understand how to approach and handle cats in a kind, sensitive, and loving manner.
- The staff will explain your cat’s treatment and recovery clearly so you understand what is happening.
- They have created a physical space designed with you and your cat in mind.
The accreditation levels of a cat-friendly clinic
The Cat Friendly Clinic (CFC) accreditation has three levels: bronze, silver and gold . They recognize that veterinary clinics vary widely in their size, location, structure, staff, and equipment.
The staff at each accredited clinic are committed to handling and treating cats with understanding, gentleness, and respect, and doing their best to make the clinic visit as stress-free as possible.
Staff are required to maintain and update their knowledge of clinical matters and ongoing professional development.
People Also Search For
cat vet near me
cat only veterinary clinic near me
cat friendly veterinary professional
cat friendly practice near me
best cat vet near me
vets near me
feline veterinary clinic