Those of us who are cat owners know about the peculiarities and individualized treatment that our beloved felines need, so we try to take our cats to those veterinary clinics that seek their well-being.
In order to offer that well-being to our felines, the Castilla Veterinary Center has been recognized with the certificate “Clinic friendly to cats”, Gold Level, a recognition granted by the International Society of Feline Medicine.
Castilla Veterinary Center. Cat friendly clinic in Valladolid
First and only Veterinary Center of Castilla y León to obtain the gold certificate from the International Society of Feline Medicine.
- Veterinarians in constant training accredited by the International Society of Feline Medicine to apply the most innovative treatments in Feline Medicine.
- Auxiliary and reception staff with training accredited by the International Society of Feline Medicine to collaborate in a stress-free stay in our center from the moment they walk through the door.
- Waiting room, consultations and hospitalization units exclusively for cats and with all kinds of details for a stress-free stay.
- State-of-the-art diagnostic tools, which together with the training of our staff have allowed us to be the only gold standard center in our Community.
Quality standards to be recognized as a cat-friendly clinic
- Staff training
They must complete an annual training of 35 hours for veterinarians and 15 hours for assistants. The center will have an up-to- date library for staff.
- The friendly handling of the cat should be oriented to:
- Minimize stress, fear and anxiety in the cat.
- Help owners reduce stress during the trip downtown.
- Minimize negative stress in the clinic like odors, noises, and bright lights.
- Communication with the owner
- A member of the clinic should be designated as a “ Cat Advocate” to ensure that the Cat Friendly criteria are met and to answer any questions from the owner.
- The clinic should have brochures with relevant information about the cat.
- Make active communication through social networks or newsletters, with relevant information about the clinic, staff or medical information.
- Budget in writing the cost of diagnostic tests and treatments.
- You must inform the emergency service 24h. If this is not available,a referral center must be provided to go to in an emergency.
- Have consent forms available for when the cat is admitted to the clinic.
- Make available to customers f ORM complaints.
- The waiting room
- The clinics Platamust have only a waiting room cat or separate barriers, permanent or temporary, to avoid eye contact between cats and dogs.
- The clinical Oro should have benches or stands to the least 1 meter high when there is more than one cat present, towels or blankets should be placed on the carrier to avoid eye contact and create a barrier to sneeze.
- The clinical Bronzewho can not make structural changes in the waiting room must provide query times only for cats to prevent cats and dogs are.
- The duration of consultation must be at least 10 minutes ( 15 minutes for Gold clinics ).
- The Gold clinics should have a room exclusive consultation for cats.
- Hospitalization of cats
- The clinical Bronzewithout hospitalization, must have an agreement with a silver clinic .
- The clinical Platamust separate dogs and cats , minimize noise and visual contact between them. If separate rooms cannot be set up, barriers should be used to prevent eye contact.
- The Gold clinics should have a room exclusively hospitalization for cats and should be able to isolate a cat with a contagious disease.
- Cats should be examined at least once a day. Owners should know what kind of supervision their cat will receive during the night.
- The environment should be calm and relaxed, noise and intense lighting should be avoided .
- Hospitalization cages
- Cages should be secure, leak-proof, and easy to disinfect.
- The material must be solid . They can be mesh or metal, and should have a covering as a barrier to sight and sneezing. Mesh cages are not suitable for a Gold Clinic.
- The floor always has to be solid and opaque. It is recommended that the walls and ceiling are as well. The front of the cage can be made of wire mesh, glass or plastic. Cages for overnight accommodation or longer should have solid, opaque floors, walls and ceilings.
- Operating room and anesthesia
- A Bronze clinic without an operating room must establish an agreement with another Silver clinic .
- The clinical Plata must have the equipment appropriate for inducing and maintaining anesthesia usually in cats and kittens.
- At Oro clinics, an operating room must be available at all times. Monitoring the anesthesia should include pulse oximetry and monitor of blood pressure . A staff member must monitor anesthesia and complete anesthesia charts.
- Surgical operations
- No you can perform operations to modify the appearance of a cat or other non – medical purposes.
- A Bronze clinic must establish an agreement with a Silver clinic.
- Clinics must have adequate equipment and materials. There should be adequate cleaning facilities for surgical equipment and instruments, and a recognized method of sterilizing them . Sterile gloves and gowns should be
- Imaging diagnosis: X-rays and ultrasound
- A Bronze clinicmust establish agreement with a Silver.
- Clinics must have X-ray equipment suitable for use in cats and kittens. Additionally, Gold clinics must keep records of each X-ray patient and have ultrasound equipment available or be able to use it when needed.
- The clinic should have a basic laboratoryto measure blood glucose, urinalysis, and urine specific gravity with a refractometer.
- The clinical Platashould have a microscope of good quality and a centrifuge to separate blood, evaluate PCV (measurement of red blood cells) and sediment urine samples . Additionally, Gold clinics should be able to perform additional tests such as sodium, potassium, calcium, urea, creatinine, and total protein . They also need to be able to assess a cat’s blood type
People Also Search For
cat friendly clinics near me
cat friendly clinic requirements
cat friendly veterinary professional
isfm cat friendly clinic list
cat friendly vets near me
cat friendly practice
isfm cat friendly clinic accreditation criteria
People also ask
What is a silver cat friendly clinic?
What is a good comfortable ambient temperature in a hospital ward for dogs and cats?
What is a cat friendly practice?
Why do cats need to have solid barriers between cages?
Is it cruel to crate a cat at night?
Is it OK to cage a cat at night?
Which plants are safe for cats?
How is fear free beneficial for the pet?
What is fear free certified?
How warm should a dog kennel be?
What temperature should a dog kennel be?
What is a cat advocate?