Do you still keep your cat’s food in a plastic bag? I suggest you consider getting a pet food container.
The best pet food containers can prevent spoilage and contamination of your cat’s food. It is a very good investment, since you can guarantee the good health of your cat and keep your house free of problems
The 3 main causes of spoilage in cat food
Proper storage is essential for cat food, you don’t want to risk feeding spoiled food to your cat. You should prevent your cat from illnesses transmitted by food in poor condition. To keep your cat safe, you must always keep its food fresh. To do this, you must know what causes cat food to spoil.
Here are the top three causes of pet food spoiling:
- Air– Exposure to air will also expose you to bacteria. Once the bacteria get into your cat’s food, they will multiply and could lead to illness. It is also important to know that when cat food is exposed to the air, it begins to slowly decompose; If you don’t store it in an airtight container, it will start to lose its nutritional value.
- Moisture: When food gets wet, it tends to grow and that is not good for your cat. You also need to worry about humidity levels. Cat food should be stored in a cool, dry place to preserve its freshness and nutritional integrity.
- Temperature– Cat food is like any other food – it spoils faster at high temperatures. Food should never be exposed to temperatures above 100 ° F, although the ideal storage temperature is much lower. Some of the best places to store food are your kitchen pantry or basement, as long as it is not too hot or too humid.
Now that you know what causes cat food to spoil, you are ready to try to prevent it. The easiest way is to buy a food storage container that will keep your cat’s food fresh.
How to choose a cat food container
With the many pet food containers on the market, it can be very tempting to get the first item you see. Or maybe settle for the cheapest.
With this, you can end up in your house with a poor quality container. It would be a waste of time and money if you settle for a second-rate cat food container.
When buying a cat food container, I recommend that you observe the following:
Should you buy a small container or go for a bigger one? I suggest that you check your pet’s weekly food intake and use that as a basis for determining the size of the food container.
You can also see the size of the pet food bag that you buy regularly. This should give you an idea of the correct size of the pet food container to buy.
Pet food containers are designed to keep food fresh. Therefore the container you buy must be airtight. The really good ones have a double seal for superior protection.
You should also consider where you will put the pet food container.
Cat food containers may have additional features, such as wheels, that make it easier to transport the container when it is large.
Others are stackable, very useful if you have limited space at home and have a lot of cats to feed. Some food containers even have a built-in cup.
Types of storage containers
Dog food containers come in all shapes and sizes, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs. To give you an idea of what to look for when purchasing these containers, here is an overview of some of the most popular types you will find:
- Plastic Storage Containers– Plastic pet food storage containers are one of the most popular options, as they come in a wide range of sizes, they are lightweight and come with airtight lids. There are also plastic storage containers that have two separate containers, one for treats and one for kibble.
- Plastic Roll-Out Container– This type of plastic storage container has wheels on the bottom so you can get it out of the pantry at feeding time and then out of the way. These containers come in all shapes and sizes to accommodate small bags of goodies to large bags of kibble.
- Metal Storage Container: If you need a very large storage container for your food, a metal container can be a more cost-effective option than a plastic container. Just make sure it’s big enough to fit the entire food bag and that the lid creates an airtight seal.
- Plastic Storage Vault– A variation of the plastic storage tray. This type of dog food container has a circular lid that opens and closes to create an airtight seal. These storage vaults come in a wide range of sizes and generally cost a little more than basic plastic storage tanks.
- Glass Jar– Usually reserved for storing dog treats; Glass storage jars can keep dog food fresh as long as they have a tight lid. Be careful where you put the glass jar because if your dog can reach it, he could accidentally hit it or fall to the floor and that could be dangerous.
- Canned Food Lid– Although not technically a container type, a canned food lid is what you need to keep dog food cans open. You still need to store the can in the refrigerator, but it will create an airtight seal to keep the food fresh for up to 3 days.
The 7 Best Pet Food Containers
Now that you have an idea on how to buy a pet food container, I will share five containers that I think will suit your storage requirements:
Benefits of using a cat food container
For some people, using a cat food container can seem like a luxury. They think that it doesn’t matter to store pet food in any plastic bag.
But I can attest that a pet food container is a practical purchase for any cat owner.
One of the reasons you should have a cat food container is to keep your cat’s food fresh. Keep in mind that many pet foods are sold in large bags that cannot be resealed. Pet food that is exposed to the air can easily spoil. This makes a pet food container essential.
Pet food containers have gasket seals on the lid, which prevents food from becoming contaminated when exposed to the air. By storing your cat’s food in this type of container, you can ensure that her food stays fresh.
Cats and dogs (if you take care of one) will also not be able to tip a solid food container in case they are trying to search for food.
You can also conveniently transfer your cat’s food to a smaller container where your cat will eat. The best food containers have a small access lid so you can easily serve food without making a mess.
People Also Search For
cat food container metal
cat food container
pet food container
best cat food storage container
cat food container target
cat food storage ideas
dog food container india
cat food storage container