When it comes to feline nutrition, one of the most controversial issues is whether to feed raw chicken to cats .
Nutritionists, veterinarians, and cat owners around the world don’t seem to reach a consensus. People either totally agree with the idea of feeding their cat raw chicken or completely against it.
Truth be told, feline teeth are made for grinding raw meat. Feline creatures are different from humans in many ways. Your cat’s whole organism is based on the idea of feeding on raw meat that it has “hunted” around. It is fed with chicken, fish, rodents, birds or anything else: your pet’s body is completely designed to adapt to raw food.
On the other hand, from an early age we are taught that eating raw meat is bad for us. It leads to poisoning, indigestion, various diseases, etc. However, we are not felines. And just because raw meat is bad for us, it doesn’t mean it’s bad for cats.
Can Cats Eat Raw Chicken?
If you can. Cats can easily break down tough, raw meat, fat, and muscle tissue. They can even tear bones. Those sharp teeth are the teeth of a carnivore and as such can stand up to raw chicken meat.
Additionally, the feline digestive system can safely transition to a raw diet even if you have been feeding your indoor cat specialized cat food up to this point.
So basically, in all technical aspects, cats can eat raw chicken meat. But is it safe and nutritious for them? That’s another question.
Is raw chicken safe for cats?
Although the feline body will be able to digest raw meat, there are some factors that pose a threat.
- Bacteria: Raw products of all kinds can become a playground for different types of bacteria. When it comes to raw chicken, the bacteria grow in the outermost layers. Although it is harmful, you can safely wash off the bacteria and feed your cat raw meat. If the meat is fresh and comes from disease-free animals, getting rid of the nasty microorganisms will not be a problem.
- Minced meat: Ground or minced meat should be prohibited for cats if you buy it in the store. During the grinding process, bacteria in the outermost layers will sink into the others. On top of that, the parts from your local store have probably sat there for days. This means that the bacteria have had even more time to sink further into each piece of meat. In other words, ground chicken ground beef is not safe.
- Bones: Raw boneless chicken is suitable for a feline’s daily diet. However, if the meat has not been properly cleaned, your cat could swallow bone chips. Such pieces can easily cause damage to internal organs and therefore pose a fatal threat.
So you see why so many people think feeding your cat raw chicken is a bad idea. But, on the bright side, there are some tips and tricks that can ensure your pet’s safety.
How Much Raw Chicken Can Cats Eat?
This is what you have to attend to if you want to safely feed your kitten raw chicken meat.
- Grind the bones: Grind raw chicken bones carefully until they reach a consistency similar to powder. They are packed with essential calcium and will pose no threat as long as there are no solid bones.
- Lean muscle meat: This is the essential part of chicken that your kitty requires. Rich in taurine and other amino acids, pure animal protein, and various minerals, Raw Muscle Chicken is your most nutritious option. Your pet’s body is designed to thrive on raw meat, it is the natural source of nutrition for all felines.
- Giblets are also healthy: If your cat were free, he would eat raw chicken giblets. Organs are packed with moisture, healthy fats, and tons of different benefits. They are also perfectly safe, if they are fresh and come from a healthy chicken.
Introducing the raw diet to your feline pet can be an absolutely safe and advantageous experience. Not only will you give your cat a huge nutritional boost, but you’ll also help recreate its wild natural diet.
And the best part is that you can safely feed your cat raw chicken on a totally raw diet or just as part of a rotation diet. Just make sure you are not getting packaged ground beef or antibiotic-induced “fresh” meat.
People Also Search For
can cats eat raw chicken bones
can cats eat raw chicken mince
can i give my cat raw chicken breast
cat licked raw chicken
can cats eat raw chicken liver
can cats eat cooked chicken
can cats eat raw chicken skin
how to prepare raw chicken for cats
People also ask
Is it safe for cats to eat raw chicken?
What raw meats can cats eat?
What happens if a cat licks raw chicken?
How much raw chicken can a cat eat?
Will raw chicken make a cat sick?
Is raw meat bad for cats?
Do cats prefer cooked or raw meat?
Would a cat kill a chicken?
Can cats get worms from raw chicken?
What food is poisonous to cats?
What meat is best for cats?
What is the healthiest food for cats?
What is the best raw cat food?
How do you boil chicken for cats?
Can cats digest chicken bones?